Monday, October 1, 2012

New PRD Gems

"New" is a relative term. I've had these pieces for awhile but just posting now. My latest PRD Miniatures acquisitions are the talk of my Antrim dollhouse. Everyone who comes over gushes at how much they want them in real life. I am loving the new Cole entertainment console and orange Lubi style daybed. The artwork is also PRD Miniatures. Pixel rug and ribbon lamp are minimodernistas. Decanter, glasses and tray are a gift from Neen. Green vase is from CW Lubin. End table is HBS Minatures.

The Linea desk by PRD Miniatures is pretty spectacular. Paris painted a Reac chair white for me, which looks stunning paired with it. The storage unit isn't on his website yet, but it's the perfect size for a small office area. Boxes, file folders, books are from Minismodernas. Wood cut outs are KaiserCraft (idea from Modern MC). Vases are painted Kaleidoscope House Accessories. Lamp is Paul MacAlister. "Electronics" from Lilu by Zuri .

Here are a couple of room shots (I'll post about the dining room / kitchen area next). Uno sofas, custom fireplace, metallic tribal cubes are also PRD Miniatures. White pillow are part of uno sofas, other pillows are made be me. Ball clock and living room rug are minmodernistas. Coffee table is Peter Tucker. Other accessories are AG Minis, local dollhouse and hobby shop finds.

12 comments:

  1. Good lord, how do you ALWAYS manage to create such amazing interior designs?!!! Really quite beautiful, and innovative. Thank you! Best, Neen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que maravillas! Me encantan esas escenas tan perfectas
    Un abrazo
    GRACIAS por no tener palabra de verificación

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so you're the sneaky one who bought that dining room set. I watched that on Etsy for a while.
    Seriously loving the orange day bed =0D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muhahahah, yup I gobbled up that set. I cannot get enough of the table. I'll try to post those pictures tonight.

      The day bed is phenomenal, as is everything Paris. :D

      Delete
  4. The Kaiser Craft embellishments brought to mind a memory -- years ago at a flea market a vendor had boxes of what looked like gears and machine parts, all in wood. Beautifully made and definitely old; they had that great patina that unfinished wood gets with handling. I asked about them and was told they were the original models for replacement parts for factory machinery: When a part needed to be replaced, the wooden original would be used to make a mold in sand, from which the replacement part would be cast in iron. Yes, I did buy some but no, I've never found the right place to use them. Sigh.

    Anyway, just a little RL validation for your terrific scene (not that you need it!). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great story Fran. I hope you find a cool place for your wooden gears, they sound incredible. What a find!

      Delete
  5. Awesome as always Megan..you provide plenty of inspiration for us modernists!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful. I want to curl up on that daybed in the reading corner. I also love how you are customizing your pieces with paint jobs. BTW, did you identify a source for the Kaiser Craft embellishments stateside? I visited the company link from Modern Mini's post a while back but could not find a store (virtual or otherwise).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Stateside I used www.scrapbook.com and searched for "kaisercraft flourish" I just added them to my list as I'm guessing more people will ask.
      http://modernminihouses.blogspot.com/p/where-to-buy-modern-minis.html#retail
      :D

      Delete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.