Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Antrim Dollhouse makes its debut

The run up to the show was filled with late nights painting and attaching the faux metal and wood siding on The Antrim (I will post details on how I did all of the exterior finishes with Paris's instructions later this week). I was worried about the interior decor, but Paris and Doris had extras to use so the interior came out pretty spectacular. Paris finished an amazing fireplace and table, and is still working on the doors, spiral staircases, kitchen, roof top infinity pool and other items, so there will be more photos to come as we finish the house.



Here is the third floor master bedroom. It really came together at the show with lots of items from Paris.
The goods from Left to Right:
· SLICE Vortex End Table with painted white finish is PRD Miniatures.
· The floral arrangement in a ceramic pot was from fortunateislandsmini on etsy made by minisdecris, Cristina Diego, minisdecris.blogspot.com.
· Barcelona Chair by Ludwing Mies Van Der Rohe from Design Interior Collection Designers Chair Vol.1
· Thin Profile Wall Mirror in silver PRD Miniatures (here is one in white).
· Jonathan Adler repainted pots from Bozart Toys Kaleidoscope House "House Accessories" set.
· The artwork is by Paris, titled "Elegance" I borrowed it for the show, its for sale here.
· Gray carpet is specialty paper from Joann Fabrics.
· Bed and linens are PRD Miniatures. These are the new changeable linens that Lisa is making. Now you can buy new linen sets if you want to change the decor of the room without having to buy a new bed. Clever! I'll post links when the linens are for sale.
· single white and red Asian print pillow is MiniModernistas
· Chrome with acrylic top side tables are an ebay find.
· Buddha is painted silver from the Ideal Petite Princess line 1964-1965 collection.
· phone on side table is from A.G. Minis.
· two portraits over bed are a gift from Shale SusansHouse.blogspot.com.



The third floor lounge cracks me up. I unintentionally copied Paris's room on his website (his photo on far right). Paris asked me if I needed any rugs and I saw the gray one and thought this will look perfect with the SLICE Tilt Coffee Table, and of course it does, as this is the same rug and room layout he already came up with. D'oh! Oh well it looks pretty great. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?
· silver trio light in corner is made by me.
· Le Corbusier Double Grand Petite Comfort Chairs from Design Interior Collection Designers Chair Vol. 1 and Designers Chair Vol. 4
· Black and white cowhide rug by PRD Miniatures (Paris are you selling more of these?)
· SLICE Tilt Coffee Table is PRD Miniatures.
· mini magazines by X10NY Modern Miniature Art
· The artwork is by Lisa Renfroe, titled "Blue Celestial" from PRD Miniatures
· Metallic Tribal Cubes by PRD Miniatures
· Dracena Plant from ByShelly2 on etsy repotted in ceramic pot from a dealer I can't recall at the Tom Bishop SF Miniatures Show (hopefully they'll be at the Good Sam show, so I can list them later).



We're still working on the final bathroom but for the show Paris loaned me one of his new double vanities. These are so hot! The office is not finished either. The shelving unit on the back wall had the 3 square boxes on the desk glued to the top of it. I sawed those off and sanded and re-stained the sideboard, here is what it used to look like.
· Dual Vanity Unit by PRD Miniatures (new item coming soon)
· plant from local hobby shop repotted in ceramic pot mentioned above.
· artwork by ebay seller winpick0
· Hatbox Toilet from PRD Miniatures
· Bathtub from DHE Modern Oval Bathroom Suite
· bathroom bench and "modern sideboard" are ebay finds from EurekaOnlineStore, middle shelf vases from Manor House Miniatures; all items blogged about here.
· carpet square rugs in both rooms are PRD Miniatures (new item coming soon)
· Modern Pharmacy Floor Lamp in Chartruese by MiniModernistas
· Bamboo desk from PRD Miniatures
· mini magazine by X10NY Modern Miniature Art
· "Aluminum Chair" Charles and Ray Eames from Designers Chair Vol. 2 (borrowed from Doris)
· Artwork is a magnet from SF MOMA of "Bracket" by Joan Mitchell.
· Other accessories: Re-ment Tea Time Ryukyu Glass, small lamp is A.G. Minis, books Bozart KH House Accessories.


The guest room is pretty much the Paris room. This seemed to be the crowd favorite. Paris's signature line of M.U.T.T. (Made Using Tossed Trimmings) furnishings is my favorite and is the real highlight of this room. Can you believe I didn't center the bench with the bed? Whoops.
· Modern Low Chest of Drawers from ebay seller mel8214 and elsewhere online
· Custom M.U.T.T. Bed and linens from PRD Miniatures, white and orange pillows are from MiniModernistas
· M.U.T.T. Floor Mirror, M.U.T.T. Bench with Angle Leg and Tan Leather Chaise (except mine has added wood base) are all from PRD Miniatures.
· Large Painting is "Morning Sunrise" by Lisa Renfroe and over the bed painting is "Burnt" by Paris Renfroe; more one of a kind artwork at PRD Miniatures
· Jonathan Adler pots from Bozart Toys Kaleidoscope House "House Accessories" set.
· waste basket is Re-ment Tea Time American Kitchen
· wood turned bowl is from my local dollhouse shop Shellie's Miniature Mania
· round wood turned vase is Gilbert Mena "Fine Art & Furniture in Miniature" gilmena (at) webtv.net
· I made the metal artwork on the wall from a "Tag Maker" kit from local craft shop, and copper planter is from the plumbing section at local hardware store that I filled with mini rocks and faux bamboo.



I love the entryway Paris came up with. The door is kind of hidden on the side, so the porch helps draw more attention to it. The custom dining room table Paris made for me is AMAZING!! The photo on the right is what I sent him for inspiration, and what he created was even more spectacular. It's hard to see in these photos, but the white base has this really cool ribbed pattern, I'll take more photos later. Paris's new "Ayche Chairs" (pronounced simply "h" the letter they look like) are fabulous and look so good with this table. We'll be adding a custom kitchen next and of course the stairs.
· custom dining table from PRD Miniatures and Ayche Chairs in Natural with White Edge
· Metal Triple Hanging Lamp from MiniModernistas
· candlesticks are painted silver from the Ideal Petite Princess line 1964-1965
· white rug is specialty paper from Joann Fabrics, plate is Mighty World Town Cafe, pears are from 50's kitchen I bought on ebay.



Saving the best for last, the custom fireplace that Paris created is magnificent. It has battery operated lights that make it look like an actual glowing fire. Modern MC joked that I better keep an eye on it, but Paris promised he could make her one, too. I think everyone will want one. I'll take a video of it so you can see it in action. The middle picture was taken the day before so not everything is in it, but you'll notice MiniModernistas all over this room. Personally, it's a toss up between the dining room and living room as to which is my favorite room right now.
· custom working fireplace by PRD Miniatures
· Long & Low Sofa, Long & Low Easy Chair, rug and pillows from MiniModernistas
· large glass green jug on fireplace is a demijohn from Ferenc Albert fermma (at) aol.com
· coffee table is picture frame from SF MOMA gift shop
· large palm plant from my local dollhouse shop Shellie's Miniature Mania
· white/brown cabinet from ebay blogged about here
· purple duo ceiling light is made by me (attaching to ceiling idea from CallSmall)
· Other accessories: Re-ment Tea Time Ryukyu Glass, A.G. Minis lamp, ceramic vase from Manor House Miniatures.


Oops, almost forgot the rooftop. For now not too much going on, but Paris has a brilliant idea to build an infinity pool that will cantilever off the side of the house, so it would be like swimming off the edge. I can't wait, plus I'll get some of his new outdoor furniture to truly rock this pad out.
· Ribb Chaise in White from PRD Miniatures (one was a gift from Mini2B)
· side tables are drawer pulls from IKEA (idea from petite nouveau)
· umbrella is from Mighty World spray painted white (left coast mini just gave one away)
· drink is from Lil Bratz.


Wow, that took a lot longer than I expected, and I can't believe you just read all of it. Phew! Thanks for reading, I just can't stop talking about this house. More to come...

12 comments:

  1. "spectacular" is the world.
    Perfection I'll try to reach...one day...(need to work very hard)

    Compliments et admiration de France

    Frenchplaymo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Habeis trabajado muy duro y muy bien.
    Todos los detalles son elegantes y prácticos.
    Esta casa va a ser la estrella de la feria.
    ¡Se necesita alfombra roja para llegas hasta ella!
    ¡Enhorabuena!
    Besos Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely truly lovely!
    Look forward to seeing the staircase and infinity pool!
    I'll bet you're well chuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the pictures from other blogs, but the extra details from you on all the items is just great.

    The Antrim is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frenchplaymo Thank you for your kind words, I'm so excited about how the house turned out which makes it even more fun to share. Merci!

    Clara Gracias por las amables palabras. La casa sólo se ve esta bueno gracias a todos los trabajos de París Renfroe, y el uso de miniaturas coleccionables MiniModernistas PRD y para el escenario. Me alegro de que haya disfrutado de las fotos.
    (Thank you for the kind words. The house only looks this good thanks to all of the work from Paris Renfroe, and using PRD Miniatures and MiniModernistas collectables to stage it.
    So glad you enjoyed the photos.)

    Jus Thanks!!! I am assuming chuffed is a good thing in your parts, so yes I am well chuffed!

    Ann I am in love with this house so it is really nice to be able to share the progress on it. I'm always curious where other people buy their minis so I try to list where I find stuff, as I think the more the demand the more the supply for new modern miniatures will develop.

    Mini smiles,
    MMH

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I completely missed your move from your previous blog to this one. Glad I found it though! Great to see your modern minis again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josje Welcome back! So glad you found me again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, typically me to be out of town when all the fun happens! I'm catching up here and am having a blast looking at all your photos from the DWR event! I love what Paris Renfroe did with your Antrim house! I go with the crowd and adore the guestroom, but the diningroom table and livingroom arrangement with the cool fireplace is a close second.
    You know I love colours, so the glass boxes of Minimodernistas in a previos post was very inspiring, awesome colour combinations! Can't wait to see what you do with her website!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Everything OK in your world? You haven't posted in a while and I was just curious that you haven't left your blog! OK...not trying to be pushy or nosey! Hope all is well! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in awa! Such a wonderful dollhouse filled with the most amazing pieces! Perfect!

    Stéphanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi, new to the site, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I аm extremely imprеssed wіth your writing
    skills аs well as with thе layοut on your blog.
    Is this a pаid theme or ԁid you сustomize it уourѕelf?

    Either way κeeр up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to see a great blog like this one today.
    My page: mosaic jewelry

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.