Sunday, January 19, 2014

Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?

As part of the January Cure (Assignment 6: Choose a piece of artwork to frame & get the process started for framing it), I made a trip to IKEA to get the needed picture frames for two pieces of artwork we're framing. I saw the Lekman box is now available in solid white, and at only $12.99 I couldn't resist picking one up. It makes a great mini studio space.

The de-cluttering and cleaning process is coming along. I tackled the kids art table and the backyard, and figured I deserved a break. I set up the Lekman box and cut a piece of wood grain contact paper (shelf liner) for flooring. I had done a swap with Pepper but one of the items and a lamp broke at the time, but her swap was better than mine so I figured we were even. Pepper completely surprised me with a wonderful Christmas package stuffed with mini presents (and chocolates that I gobbled up right away). The Lekman Box seemed the perfect place to showcase her incredible work.

Deets: Pepper, MitchyMooMiniatures - red chaise, floor lamp, wood framed mirror, rug, coffee table, credenza, table lamp, and luggage (I will find the artisan that made these, I know she's mentioned her on her blog, I just couldn't find at time of posting). minimodernistas - sofa, pillows. PRD miniatures - books. Accessories - craft store, show finds and Kaleidoscope House accessories.

6 comments:

  1. This is quite lovely! I love all these pieces. I'm going to have to work on adding lighting to my mini scenes. I just hate working with the wires to hide and route them. I know they have battery powered lights but the designs out there are rather awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pepper is amazing! I know what you mean about wires. I think Paris has something in the works that will be right up your alley. ;)

      Delete
  2. This room looks great! Love the chaise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :D The chaise is pretty grand. If I had one in real life, I'd like to think I'd stretch out and enjoy a good book, but it looks so comfy I'd more likely just take a nap.

      Delete
  3. Big ups to you and Pepper! I love this room, it's so masculine sleek! Good to know the Lekman now comes in white, I thought you had cut out white paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beany. Pepper rocks! I've actually wanted to pick up a Lekman box at IKEA for years, as I love what everyone (YOU!) do with them, but the translucent sides seemed like too much work to cover up all of the time. When I saw it in white I snatched one up and ran home to fill it with mini goodness. I hope to use it more to showcase new minis. :D

      Delete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP. (I temporarily removed Anonymous comments as I've only been getting spam. PLEASE let me know if you have any issues leaving comments and I'll change the settings a different way. modernminifan @ gmail.com )